In Loving Memory of My Son Mark Verploegh, 1/11/81 - 6/19/08

If you have lost a loved one, friend or know someone who has you can share your feelings and find support from others here.

Moderators: BREN, Moonmagic, Epiphany, mjhaynes

Re: In Loving Memory of My Son Mark Verploegh, 1/11/81 - 6/19/08

Postby MIMI on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 am

THANK YOU ANGEL FOR THE POEM, EVERY WORD SO TRUE. NO MATTER THEIR AGE THEY WILL ALWAYS BE OUR BABIES, OUR FIRST BORN CHILDREN. ALL THIS TIME IN MARK'S BABY BOX, WAITING FOR THE THE PERFECT DAY, THE PERFECT TIME FOR YOU TO FIND WHEN YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO. I HAVEN'T OPENED ANY YET BUT, I HAVE SOME DECORATIVE TIN CANS & BOXES FULL OF WENDY'S LETTERS SHE'D WRITTEN TO ME, CARDS & POEMS. VERY PERSONAL WORDS ONLY FOR HER MOMMA TO HAVE.THEY'RE STORED AWAY IN AN OAK CHEST. OTHER THINGS IN A BOX TONY & I SHARE FROM BOTH THE GIRLS WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG, SOME ART WORK, THINGS THEY MADE FOR TONY & I DURING THE HOLIDAYS, APRIL'S 1ST TOOTH THAT WAS PULLED BY HER SCHOOL TEACHER. I HAVE EVERY CARD TONY & THE GIRLS HAVE EVER GIVEN ME, WHEN I DIE THEY ARE TO PUT THEN IN MY CASKET.CARDS FROM THE 3 OF THEM THEY'VE ALWAYS PUT A LOT OF THOUGHT INTO FINDING JUST THE RIGHT CARD. I DO HAVE QUITE A BIT OF WENDY'S NOTES & LETTERS OUT IN THE OPEN, I CHOOSE TO LEAVE THEM THERE FOR NOW. I HAVE MALLORY NEW BEDDING TO GO INTO WENDY'S ROOM FOR WELL OVER A YEAR BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN READY TO MAKE THE FINAL CHANGE YET. " HER SHOES SHE LOVED " STILL HANGING ON SHOE RACK OUTSIDE OF HER CLOSET DOOR, HER MAKE UP ON HER CHEST OF DRAWERS. I DID PUT HER PURSE AWAY A FEW MOS. AGO IN MY CLOSET. IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A MUSEUM, LOL, I PROMISE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THE MEMORIES THEY BROUGHT ABOUT MANY THAT FLOOD MY MIND RIGHT NOW, GOOD MEMORIES OF A SPECIAL BABY BOY & A SPECIAL BABY GIRL. LOVE & PRAYERS, BREN
MIMI

Postby Moonmagic on Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:53 am

Epiphany wrote:My Baby Boy and Me

It's three a.m., they're all asleep,
And no one's here to see
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.

His little head is feather-light
Tucked up against my chin.
I hold his tiny hand in mine
And stroke his baby skin.

The house about us creaks and groans,
The clock hands creep around.
He snuggles closer to me still
And makes his baby sounds.

I love these quiet hours so much
And cherish every one.
Store memories up inside my heart
For lonely nights to come.

All too soon he'll be grown up,
His need for Mama gone.
But until then I still have time
For kisses and for song.

Time for quiet hours like this
With him cuddled in my arms,
Where I wish he'd always stay,
Protected, safe, and warm.

And yet I know the day will come
When this tiny little hand
Will be much bigger than my own,
He'll grow to be a man.

But until then he's mine to love,
With no one here to see
As we rock slowly back and forth,
My baby boy and me.

I do not know who the author was that wrote this poem,
but I found it tucked away inside Mark's baby box. Just
wanted to share this with you.

This was so beautiful and of course it brought the tears and memories. Who would have ever thought one day we would lose our special angels as we have. I wish I could go back in time and just hold him one more time, for now those are only memories that I will forever cherish.
Hugs, Nancy
In Loving Memory of my son:
ROBBY GARVIN
Aug. 15, 1981 - June 11, 2006
Killed by Methadone & a Doctor

http://mothersagainstmedicalabuse.org/default.aspx
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/RxMethadoneDeaths
Moonmagic
Site Admin

Postby Moonmagic on Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:04 am

Epiphany wrote:Mark,
Today marks 8 months since you have been gone. I am finding myself going through more frequent days that where is as "raw" as the first day you left me here alone.
I just wanted to say that I love you and miss you with all my heart. I dred the 19th day of every month!
Love, Mom

In the beginning I did the same thing, except it was Sunday. Every Sunday I thought of how the day went and would look at the clock, I counted the weeks and days, the 11th was always the kicker as it was another month that had gone by.

Now I no longer count the weeks or months because somewhere they got all tangled up in time. Somehow almost three years have gone by this June 11th and I still have no clue where that time went as it feels like it was just a short time ago that I kissed his lifeless body, never to see him again on this earth. Days seem like years, and years seem like yesterday, either way the pain never goes away, it just strikes you at random.

Hugs, Nancy

PS: Sorry, just letting you know that all this is normal as you travel this heart breaking road. I am so glad we have all found each other to share these feelings and emotions. Our babies are working overtime !!!
ROBBY GARVIN

Moonmagic
Site Admin

Postby Epiphany on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Mark,
I hope you and Grandpa Skip are arguing the Red Sox and the Tigers just like the old days! Grandpa is going to need some help getting used to Heaven, so you show him around ok? You tell him that Grandma loves him and she got the sign he sent to her in her van! He scared the living shit out of her but that's how she knew it was from him - she heard him loud and clear! Grandpa is buried across the street from you on the highest hill - it's just like him to be there to look out for you for "both" me and Grandma. I can literally stand in front of your memorial stone and look up and see his! I thought about putting your Red Sox baseball in with him to be buried as a gift from you, but then I thought if I did, that either I'd be cursed or the Red Sox would be again - so I left it alone. I know, if you were here - you'd probably have considered it too - LOL!
I love you and miss you everyday and yes! I found the "heads up" penny in my flower garden today right next to the 3 ft. wooden aligator that you got me for no reason one day because "you thought it was cool". I tried to give that damn thing away so many times but no takers! (Guess they thought it was as ugly as I did - LOL). Anyways, now it is a part of our garden of memories and he'll always be there watching over my garden for them nasty snakes! You know how I hate them things - remember when you chased me around the yard at grandmas with a little garden snake? I still get the heebie jeebies when I think about it, but now I smile as I remember it. What I wouldn't give for a do over - maybe this time I'd actually let you show it to me without yelling at you and sending you to a corner! No, probably not, sorry. LOL!
The tulips are about 3 inches up today - they were not there a couple days ago! My daffodils and hyacinths are popping up too - I have been desperately waiting for spring to come and being outside in the warm sunshine. I wish you were here physically to enjoy it with me like old times, but you are always here with me in my heart (Somehow that doesn't seem fair in my eyes).
I love you son, I miss you so much.
Love,
Mom
In loving memory of my son, Mark Verploegh
1-11-1981 - 6-19-2008
Epiphany

Postby Moonmagic on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:47 am

Absolutely beautifully written from the heart, I pictured every moment in my mind and it brought both tears and a smile (especially you running from Mark with the snake, lol)

Thank you so very much for sharing.

Hugs, Nancy
ROBBY GARVIN

Moonmagic
Site Admin

Postby Epiphany on Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Mark,
Today makes 10 months...........Ten very long, lonely, and empty months since I have heard your voice or seen your handsome face. I miss you so very much. I love you son.
All my love,
Mom
1-11-1981 - 6-19-2008
Epiphany

Postby Moonmagic on Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:41 am

Angel,
I know how hard every day, week and month can be and sometimes you wonder how you get through it all. They must be holding us up at times during those emotional break downs. I truly believe that Mark, Wendy, Jamie and Robby are hanging out on the other side.

Somehow we go through another day. It will be three years in June and I have no idea where the hell three years have gone. Sometimes it feels like yesterday, so vivid and heart breaking. Let's just keep thinking about the vacation at the beach house when we can all hug, cry and chat all night long. Thata always puts a smile on my face...

Love and hugs, Nancy
ROBBY GARVIN

Moonmagic
Site Admin

Postby Epiphany on Thu May 21, 2009 11:27 am

Well, 11 months have come and gone. I missed you on Mother's Day so very badly but I knew you were with me in spirit. Next month will be a year - It is hard to bare the fact that I will then be measuring my time on earth without you in years instead of months. It still hurts like yesterday and nothing I can do or say makes the pain ease. I still cannot change the radio station in my car from WGRD. I have listened to Alternative Rock for quite awhile now and am honestly getting to like it - you would be proud of your mom. I just wish now I would have listened to your favorite songs with a more open mind when you asked me too. I love you and miss you son.
Mom
1-11-1981 - 6-19-2008
Epiphany

Postby MIMI on Sun May 24, 2009 6:17 pm

ANGELINA, NOW YOU HAVE ME THAT LOVES MUSIC, MOST SAME AS MARK TO SHARE WITH. I AM MOVED DEEPLY BY MUSIC, AS I AGED ALL KINDS. THROUGH ME WE CAN VALIDATE & CELEBRATE MARK'S MUSIC ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT. I HONESTLY HOPE YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOU SENDING ME THE MUSIC FROM YOUTUBE, IT BLESSES ME EVERY TIME, IT MOVES MY SPIRIT. IT'S NOT THE SAME AS ENJOYING THEM WITH MARK BY NO MEANS, HOWEVER THERE'S A GREAT POSSIBIITY MARKS KNOWS HOW MUCH I LOVE THE MUSIC, ANOTHER WAY OF BRINGING US TOGETHER TO CELEBRATE THEIR LIVES. AND YES I DO BELIEVE MARK, ROBBY & WENDY KNOW EVERY LAST DETAIL, LOL. JUST THINK A YEAR BACK YOU HAD NO CLUE I COULD GET JIGGY WITH IT, PLAY MY MUSIC BLARING & DANCE BY MYSELF WHEN I HEAR THE RIGHT SONG & I CAN'T RESIST. MARK KNOWS WHAT A DEVOTED FOLLOWER & FAN YOU'VE BECOME, HE USES ME TO TELL HIS MOMMA. HE KNOWS HOW PUTER CHALLENGED I AM & NOT ABLE TO SEND THE YOUTUBES TO YOU AS OFTEN AS I'D LIKE. LOVE, BREN
MIMI

Postby BREN on Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:21 am

Happy 2ND Angelversary Mark !!!
BREN

Postby Moonmagic on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Keeping Mark and his family (Angel and Pat) in my thoughts and prayers. It is always so hard to get through these dates that cause us to relive the tragedy of our loss. It is us who are hurting as they have found comfort and peace in the afterlife. Always with us and always watching over us. God Bless Angel and Pat, love and hugs !!

Nancy
ROBBY GARVIN

Moonmagic
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Lost Loved Ones and Friends